While I am definitely not a make-up maestro or anything of the sort, I am still a product junkie and if a product says “NEW!”, I most certainly will try it. Or want very badly to try it. It is like I have a “new!” magnet in my brain that just draws me to those items, you guys; at least that’s what I tell Husband whenever I suddenly go barreling towards a Sephora or Ulta with my head down and arm out like a 300-lb linebacker with ants in her tight little football jegging pants. (Like that sports reference, Husband? Just for you, just for you.)
It has been awhile since I have updated my make-up list here, and with the passing of the holidays and Sephora’s Friends & Family sale I have added a few new products to my stockpile. So without further ado–here’s what’s currently in my bag:
1. Josie Maran Argan Oil: I initially wrote about this stuff back in November, after Sephora’s F&F sale. I’m happy to say that I’m still loving it–it soaks right in and gives my dry, parched Accutane’d-and-Coloradan-skin a much needed boost of moisture. It also doesn’t break my sensitive skin out, and a little bit goes a very long way. It’s a keeper.
2. Giorgio Armani Face Fabric: this foundation gets pretty great reviews on makeupalley, and when I first bought it I could not figure out why. The texture is just like Smashbox’s Photofinish Primer–soft and slippery, which is great for primers, but not so much for an actual foundation. But it wasn’t until I paired this with Guerlain’s Meteorites primer that I began to like, dare I say–love it. It’s a great one for dry skin, but oily-skinned gals should steer clear!
3. Guerlain ‘Meteorites Cruel Gardenia’ Pressed Powder: it’s just too pretty NOT to like, hm?
4. Nars Blush in ‘Madly’: I use Nars pretty extensively, and this pretty peachy-pinky-bronze blusher is my current fave. It’s great for giving a healthy glow with just a hint of being sunkissed–in other words, it is definitely not too orangey. Love it!
5. Guerlain ‘L’Or’ Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold Makeup Base: this primer is “24-karat-gold-infused”, making it almost too pretty to use. It gives skin a little bit of a glow while smoothing away lines and wrinkles and helps my foundation to go on easier. I like it, but not as much as the Meteorites’ Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer.
6. Guerlain ‘Meteorites’ Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer: this primer is pretty much insane. All too often I have tried a ‘luminzer’ and ended up looking like a drunk disco ball, but not the case with this stuff–it really does give a glow from “within”. It does go on tight, though–so if you have extremely dry or sensitive skin you might want to skip it. I’ve been using the same bottle for 3 months and am just now running out–meaning a little bit goes a long way (and helps make its steep price tag a bit better, too).
7. Lorac Neutralizer: I have fair skin that reddens easily; throw in Lupus (and facial rashes!) and sometimes there isn’t enough foundation in the world to cover it. This neutralizer is a lifesaver- it has a very slight green tint to it, which helps neutralize redness! I’ve used it for over 5 years now, and have it stockpiled lest I ever run out.
8. Laura Geller Candlelight Face & Body Glow: another great luminizer, no drunk disco balls here.
9. Diorshow Lash Primer: I have always been skeptical of lash primers (a tragic, sad-clown experience with L’oreal five years ago scarred me) but after reading 23042384 reviews online saying how great this stuff is, I decided to give this primer a try. It doesn’t disappoint–it lengthens and gives lashes a little bit of volume, no spider-effect in sight.
10. Almay Liquid Eyeliner: it’s cheap and gets the job done–I’ve used this stuff for almost 10 years!
11. Giorgio Armani Eyeshadow Maestro Quad in Floral: I grabbed this pretty little palette a few months back during a promotion, and it’s instantly become one of my favorites. The colors are pretty, easy to blend, and wear really well! It’s great for traveling as well, since it takes up hardly any space in my make-up bag.
12. Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hyperliner: Tarina Tarantino might be better known for her jewelry collection, but her newly launched make-up collection is worth checking out as well! My twin sister insisted that I try this one–the pencils go on really easily and soft, but set in a few seconds into a waterproof, super long-lasting eye liner. I currently use these in ‘deepest black’ and ‘locket book’.
13. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Belle du Jour: I will admit that I was extremely hesitant to try this due to the “matte” monicker; I assumed that it would go on dryly and be a nightmare for chapped winter lips. I was pleasantly surprised–I’m not sure how or why, but it goes on smoothly and softly without drying lips out. Belle Du Jour is a pretty, kitten-ish nude.
14. Nars Sheer Lipstick in Belle Du Jour: a lipstick version of the matte lip pencil, mmmhm.
15. Nars Sheer Lipstick in Barbarella: this is a pretty, pinky coral perfect for spring!
16. Christian Dior Rouge Lipcolor in Blazing Red: this is a super bold reddish-orange (see it on me here!).
17. Essie Luxeffects Nail Polish in A Shine Of The Times: this nail polish is a little hard to find at the moment, and there’s a great reason why–it’s amazing! Essie describes this color as a “scintillating opalescent aura”, and it has flecks of shimmer that change from green to orange to pink, depending on what color you wear under it. Love!
18. Chanel Le Vernis in June: a sweet, candy melon hue.
19. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Wallis: I love Butter London’s nail lacquers, but the medium olive (with gold shimmer!) color of Wallis might be my hands-down favorite.
20. Alterna Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner: I do a lot of damage to my hair between bleaching, blow drying, and flat ironing….but I also have thin hair. Most moisturizing shampoos and conditioners weigh thin hair down, and so I was happy to discover that this duo does not. And it smells great, too!
21. Lorac Tantalizer: this bronzer gives a rich brown hue to skin with an ever-so-slight hint of sparkle. It’s great for special occasions, but be careful – it’s not a self-tanner and comes off easily with water. In other words: steer clear of water balloon fights when wearing this stuff! I know it’ll be difficult, but you’ve been warned.
22. Lush Flying Fox Showergel: nothing smells better than jasmine. Nothing!
23. It’s a 10 Miracle Hair Mask: a great hair mask for calming damaged hair–I use this weekly.
24. Borghese Restorative Hydrating Mud for Face and Body: I received a sample of this in last month’s Birchbox, and it’s one of the few products I’ve actually bought. It noticeably plumps dry skin up, leaving it soft and smooth.
25. Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads: I have sensitive skin, and so I am always on the lookout for an exfoliator that won’t cause break outs. I’ve used these now for almost a year, and they slough off dry skin without being irritating. Love!
26. Peter Thoma Roth Mega-Rich Anti Aging Cream: A great, heavy-duty night cream.
27. Clairol Shimmerlights Shampoo: Where has this stuff been all of my life? This cheap, purple-tinted shampoo instantly zaps brassiness from blondes. It really works! Just be careful–if you use it too often or on patches of extremely dry hair, you might notice a bit of a purple tinge to your locks. ;)
Let’s hear it–what is one new beauty/bath/make-up product that you’ve tried recently and loved? Share in the comments, please! ❤